April 18, 2023 – CUMBERLAND, MD – Allegany County Tourism has unveiled the new 2023 Visit Mountain Maryland Destination Guide, a free travel guide printed annually that serves to inspire visitors to explore Allegany County, the Mountain Side of Maryland.
“We are excited to unveil another year of travel inspiration through our official Mountain Maryland Destination Guide” says Jessica Sainz, marketing and sales manager for Allegany County Tourism. “Allegany County’s guide continues to be an in-demand resource for travel planning to our region.”
This year’s guide is the largest guide to-date for the county featuring 84 full-color pages showcasing Mountain Maryland with beautiful imagery and creative curated content highlighting the region’s outdoor economy, arts and culture, and history and heritage destination pillars. The magazine-quality guide is the county’s official travel guide featuring lodging, dining, camping, event, trail, and museum guides.
Other compelling feature stories include:
- “We’ve Got a Trail for That,” a three-day road trip itinerary exploring the county;
- “The C&O Canal Scenic Byway,” featuring one of Maryland’s designated Scenic Byways;
- “African American History Sites,” exploring the significance of African American history in the region;
- “Music in the Mountains,” celebrating the region’s growing festival and music scene;
- “Iconic Foods of Mountain Maryland,” showcasing the county’s most iconic food stops; and
- “Frostburg State University Celebrates 125 Years,” highlighting the University’s regional economic impact.
The cover photo features a photo from tourism’s photoshoot with a cyclist enjoying mountain biking along Rocky Gap State Park’s Lakeside Loop Trail.
The annual guide is produced by Allegany County Tourism, the official Destination Marketing Office for Allegany County, Maryland, alongside professional service partner Nelson Marketing and Publishing of Cumberland, MD. 70,000 guides were printed and the distribution includes Maryland travel and welcome centers, Maryland AAA centers, regional chambers of commerce, tourism partner businesses, and travel centers in additional target markets within Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Washington, DC.
To request a copy of the 2023 Visit Mountain Maryland Destination Guide, please complete the online request form at www.mdmountainside.com/request-a-guide. A digital version is available on mdmountainside.com.