APPLICATION NOW OPEN FOR MDSERI: TOURISM NONPROFITS
Eligible applicants are the state’s nonprofit and tourism producing organizations, such as museums, cultural attractions, zoos, aquariums whose mission and work substantially contributes to the economic development and now economic recovery of Maryland communities through visitor driven events and programs.
Applicant Eligibility Criteria – To be eligible to apply, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be an IRS determined nonprofit organization
- Must be an organization that is in good standing with the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT)
- Must be an organization that is based in Maryland that attracts visitors and thus contributes to the health of local businesses and, more broadly, the local and state economy.
- Organizations that can demonstrate the negative financial impact of COVID-19 of at least $75,000 as represented by (a) reduced operating revenue from visitor driven activities (for example admissions; special event/programming ticket sales; gift shop sales, memberships, and/or private event rentals) and/or (b) increased expenses to adapt operations and facilities to create a safe environment for visitors and staff. Financially viable nonprofits whose operations will continue forward.
Use of Funds:
MD-SERI: Tourism Nonprofit funds can be used for one or more of the following:
- Operating support (staff costs, hazard pay, marketing/programming, rent, utilities, payroll, supplies, cleaning services etc.) to address the revenue reductions due to loss of visitors from COVID-19 and the related state-of-emergency both as a reimbursement of fixed costs not covered by revenue and as a projection of fixed costs from March 1, 2020, through December 30, 2020 that will not be covered by revenue AND/OR
- Increased expenses to adapt operations and facilities to create a safe environment for staff and visitors (as a reimbursement of expended such costs and/or as a projection of future such costs from March 1, 2020, through December 30, 2020).
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY: