Volunteers Wanted for River Cleanup
Allegany County Potomac Watershed Cleanup – Volunteers wanted.
When: Saturday April 10, 2021, 9am – noon (Rain/high water date: April 17)
Where: 3 Sites in Allegany County – RSVP encouraged.
- Allegany County Fairgrounds Boat Launch – RSVPemail@example.com
- Canal Place – RSVP – Stephanie_Siemek@nps.gov
- C&O Canal by Mason’s Sports Complex – RSVP – Stephanie_Siemek@nps.gov
What volunteers should expect:
- While we do provide cleanup supplies (bags and gloves) as part of the Potomac Watershed Cleanup, if you have your own gloves,please bring them! Feel free to bring along your own rakes or grabbers too.
- Please bring your own water.
- Clothes and shoes may get dirty. Wear old clothing that is weather appropriate and bring extra layers. If working near water, waterproof boots or waders may be helpful.
- Not all cleanup sites are child-friendly or handicap accessible. Each cleanup site offers different amenities. Contact the site leader or check the notes listed for a specific site to determine site specifics.
- Expect moderate work that requires bending over to pick up trash, and walking. Other volunteer jobs such as volunteer check-in and recording data may be less strenuous. Check with your site leader for specific volunteer tasks.